Half-naked, ramming boats … Some guy apparently high on drugs took a 35-foot boat for a joy ride overnight, ramming other boats at the Queen City Yacht Club on Portage Bay in Seattle. He was busted, but not before there was damage. Don’t know why he didn’t have pants on.
In other crime news, a man shot another man last night at the old Rainier Brewery building in South Seattle. Shooter got away, possibly with a woman. Victim was critically injured.
For crying out loud: In case you haven’t heard it yet — and it would be a miracle if you hadn’t — Seahawks fans broke the Guinness World Record for loudest stadium noise yesterday. BTW, the Hawks won.
Here’s a surprise: Bill Gates Jr. remains the richest man in America. You’d think giving away all that money might take him down a notch.
Did you like all that thunder and lightning yesterday? Sorry about the delay in the Hawks game because of it. The weather this week looks crummy, Showers, chance of showers, chance of showers … did we mention showers? And the high temperatures will be only in the upper 60s. Sheesh, summer, where art thou?
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Man killed, woman seriously hurt in random Seattle stabbing
- All eyes on Seahawks-49ers in bout of NFC heavyweights | Larry Stone
- No. 19 Huskies beat Illinois, 34-24
- 136.6 decibels! Hawks fans break Guinness mark for loudest stadium
- Uncivil scientists thwart Cliff Mass’ climate-change debate | Danny Westneat
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com