September 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Monday Memo: Warm week … Winning weekend … Texting driving poll
Summer isn’t gone yet: Temperatures will be in the 80s — maybe the upper 80s — later this week in Western Washington, and you have to like that. That is above normal for this time of the year. We like warm Septembers, especially after last week’s rain and cooler temperatures. National Weather Service forecast
No surprises here, eh? Study finds drivers in state busy on cellphones, texting. Be honest: Do you talk or text on your cellphone while driving? Vote in our poll. Mobile users can vote HERE.
Something nice from Microsoft: Xbox Music streaming service will be available for free on the Web — even if you don’t use Windows 8.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Cougars topple USC, 10-7 | Bud Withers
- Key turnover helps Seahawks hold off Panthers, 12-7
- Indiana man gets 8 months for lie-detector fraud
- Seahawks find a way to win, a good sign for their title chances | Larry Stone
- For 2013 Seahawks, the journey begins |Jerry Brewer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers