September 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Morning Memo / Saturday: Wedge walks … Married gay population … Brace for more wind and rain
M’s manager calls it quits: Mariners manager Eric Wedge said he’s had enough, and this weekend’s games will be his last with the team. “It wasn’t from a lack of trying,” he said. “I wanted it to work, but it’s just not going to.’’
Seattle beats San Francisco: A new survey says that among the nation’s biggest cities, Seattle’s rate of gay couples now eclipses SF’s, which has long topped the list.
Rain, wind, Seattle: It’s pouring out there, with no sign of letting up today and tomorrow looking just as grim. That may be a downer, but take heart in this at least: the forces of nature are not expected to rise to a destructive level this weekend.
The cronut craze: All you need to know about this tasty hybrid of donuts and croissants.
Most read on seattletimes.com:
- Pilot of Seattle-bound flight dies after emergency landing
- Texans’ fall from glory a cautionary tale for Seahawks | Jerry Brewer
- Light-rail start to U District, Capitol Hill may come early
- Happily unhip West Seattle attracts a new crowd
- Legal costs near $7 million for defendants in 2007 Carnation slayings
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers