The Associated Press
Firefighters rescued three people early Monday morning from a burning home in northwest Seattle.
Lt. Sue Stangl told KOMO that flames blocked escape from the home. Firefighters were able to get inside and lead the three people to fresh air on an upper deck. Two of the people were able to climb down a fire truck ladder.
Firefighters protected the man in the wheelchair until the flames were out.
Investigators believe an overheated extension cord started the fire that caused an estimated $100,000 damage.
The Red Cross is helping the displaced residents.