Will Dennis Rodman take up the case of the Lynnwood man being held in North Korea? The former basketball star is in North Korea to visit his “friend,” leader Kim Jong Un, but declined to say if he’ll help Lynnwood’s Kenneth Bae who’s been held there for what the country says is spying. Rodman’s visit to the country comes on the heels of North Korea’s decision to nix a visit by a U.S. envoy who had hoped to bring home Bae, who is reportedly in ill health.
Microsoft, Nokia and smartphones: This is one big deal. Nokia phones run Microsoft’s smartphone software. Microsoft’s Windows phones have a very small percentage of the smartphone market. Would you be interested in buying a Windows phone? Vote in our poll.
Bumbershoot reached a milestone this go-round: The music and arts festival welcomed its 7 millionth visitor yesterday, the last day of the three-day event. Did you know that Bumbershoot is some 40 years old?
Rain today, but possibly sunny tomorrow, say forecasters. OK, we’ll take some sun, sure.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Price gives Huskies much to smile about
- 3 Canadian climbers hurt in fall on Rainier
- The Glove still rules: Gary Payton reflects ahead of Hall of Fame induction | Jerry Brewer
- Early birds: Seahawks aim to be ready at 10 a.m.
- Husky team matches its stadium in grandeur| Jerry Brewer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com