Weather: Going to be hot today. The forecast high is in the upper 80s. The record for the day is 87, set in 2009. National Weather Service forecast
Not enough ferry workers: We mentioned this yesterday: Ferry system rocked by lack of crew
Not another one: SPD officer suspended for escalating confrontation, excessive force
Big Bertha still bogged down: Are you following the trials and tribulations of the big munching tunnel machine? See Danny Westneat’s column today.
Wallaroo missing a month is back home. A Deer Park woman’s wallaroo — a type of kangaroo — went missing in August, but was found in a neighbor’s blueberry patch the other day. A whole month. Remarkable.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Parents guilty in adopted daughter’s death
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks’ OL has work to do
- New wife charged with pushing husband off cliff
- Sizzling summer’s final sting: a bumper crop of wasps
- Sarkisian enjoying the Huskies’ new offense |Jerry Brewer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org