Oily rags that caught fire caused roughly $30,000 damage at an auto shop in South Park Monday night, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
The department said in a news release that the fire was accidental.
Twenty firefighting teams, including an air-response team, were called to the building, in the 7200 block of Second Avenue South, after the first call came in around 6:30 p.m.
The business was locked, so firefighters had to force their way into the door, the release said. Once they got in, they contained the fire to one corner of the shop and put it out in roughly 30 minutes.
They’ll stay at the auto shop keeping watch until midnight to put out any embers that could flare up, the release said.
No damage was done to any of the vehicles inside, and no one was inside the building when the fire broke out.