Bellevue, got to love it. It’s been named one of best places to live in U.S.
Thursday night football? Our sports columnist Larry Stone isn’t loving it. One reason: The safety issues for the Seahawks playing on just three days’ rest. (You remember they just played that messy game against the Titans on Sunday … )
Spit and a dog: A man spit on a chihuahua in Seattle’s Ravenna neighborhood yesterday afternoon. Granted, it’s disgusting, but seriously, were the cops called out on this? Oh, yeah. And they responded.
Windows 8.1 released: The update to Microsoft’s operating system was released today. It includes some features users wanted that were not there in the original version, including a Start button. But it doesn’t bring you to the familiar Windows start page. You get the the tile-based Start screen. There are a host of other new features, though.
Earthquake drill today: The Washington Emergency Management Division says more than 860,000 people are registered to participate in the drill scheduled for 10:17 a.m.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Government reopens after Congress ends 16-day shutdown and dodges default on debts
- If you drive, it’s likely SPD knows where you’ve been
- When 5-1 isn’t impressive enough: Seahawks dealing with downside of hype | Jerry Brewer
- Denver’s Peyton Manning is a thinking man’s quarterback | NFL
- Boeing issues 200 more layoff notices in Washington
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com