October 29, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Tuesday Memo: City-run pot shop? … Sedro-Woolley sentencing … Studs poll
A city may get in on the Mary Jane action: The city of White Salmon, looking for some cash, just might open a city-run marijuana shop. If the city, which is in Klickitat County on the Columbia River, does go that route, council members might have to subject themselves to background checks. KREM reports.
Sentencing is today for the Sedro-Woolley couple convicted of manslaughter in the death of their adopted daughter, Hana. Larry and Carri Williams were convicted Sept. 9 in the 2011 death of Hana in the back yard of their home. Carri Williams was also convicted of homicide by abuse. The Skagit Valley Herald has the story.
The Seahawks eked out a 14-9 win against the Rams last night, but our local boys’ offense was simply awful.
Weather: Sunny today, a bit cloudy tomorrow, RAIN ON THURSDAY!
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Seahawks hoping for breakout game for Marshawn Lynch against Rams
- Not happy with work? Wait until you’re 50 or older
- Several thousand honor coach Don James at memorial service
- Kasen Williams breaks leg, injures foot and is done for the season
- Teachers jump-start turnaround at White Center Heights Elementary
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers