A Delta Air Lines jet bound for Seattle made an emergency landing Monday night at Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco. KNDU TV reports that a heat sensor in the Boeing 757 indicated something was wrong in the cargo bay, so the pilot made the emergency landing. The alert apparently was a false alarm.
They’re back. Well they’ll be back next year: Blue Angels to roar in Seattle in 2014
All lanes of Highway 2 were reopened early this morning following a fatal, 4-car pileup last night.
Oregon woman chooses the wrong, or maybe the right, parking lot to pull into while she was driving around apparently drunk. A police sergeant saw the 34-year-old woman driving on the wrong side of the road and then turn into a parking lot — which just happened to be the lot for Astoria’s police department. She was arrested for investigation of DUI.
Weather? Gray. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Nevada student opens fire outside middle school, wounds 2 boys and kills teacher, then self
- Attractive Surface 2 not as good as it looks | Brier Dudley
- Ducks get a ‘W’ then take a shot at Mike Leach and Cougars | Bud Withers
- Michael Robinson to come in for physical with Seahawks
- Last-minute deal averts grocery strike
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com