A man firing a rifle from an apartment building in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood was shot and killed by police early this morning. The man was threatening to kill a woman who ran screaming from the apartment building at four in the morning.
Tax increase? King County pooh-bahs are mulling over putting a sales-tax increase to voters to avoid cuts in Metro bus service.
Black Friday is here. And so is the Apple Cup, so holiday shoppers and football fans take note: There could be traffic woes in and around the U District today. But then, if you’re a diehard shopper, you’re already out there and not reading this …
Speaking of traffic, Macy’s Holiday Parade starts at 9 a.m. in downtown Seattle today and lasts for about an hour. The parade begins at Seventh and Pine, then heads west down Pine to Fifth Avenue, south on Fifth Avenue to University Street, west on University to Fourth Avenue, and then north on Fourth to the Macy’s store. Drivers beware.
No rain in the forecast today, but it’s expected tomorrow and Sunday.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Brace for big freeze — maybe Seattle snow — weather service warns
- Seattle man’s frugal life leaves rich legacy for 3 institutions
- Marques Tuiasosopo still burns to make UW succeed
- Why Mike Leach, Cougars should make Huskies very wary | Bud Withers
- A look back at the Seahawks’ top 10 Monday night games
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com