SPOKANE (AP) — Autopsy results show the death of a 21-year-old man at a June concert at the Gorge Amphitheater was related to methamphetamine, not the drug known as Molly.
Officials initially thought Patrick D. Witkowski of Des Moines died June 30 due to an overdose of the drug considered to be a form of Ecstasy.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris said Tuesday that test results that came in last week showed Witkowski died of organ failure due to a combination of dehydration, heat and methamphetamine intoxication.
Harris said he had been working on the assumption the death was due to an overdose of Molly.
About 25,000 people attended the two-day Paradiso Festival. Quincy Valley Medical Center treated 40 for problems related to drugs and alcohol. Witkowski died at a Wenatchee hospital.