If you like football, you must be dizzy with delight over the Seahawks win yesterday. What a comeback! What a game! What a … Whoa, wait a minute. Sports writer Jerry Brewer says the team is merely surviving.
Whoa again! Spokane got a dusting of snow yesterday. And it could get maybe a half-inch Tuesday night. It’s still autumn, no? Western Washington will see more wind and rain through the week. National Weather Service forecast
Downtown crime: Members of First United Methodist Church near Seattle Center say crime downtown is getting worse and that police and prosecutors aren’t doing enough to stop it. The church held a forum yesterday to discuss the matter with Seattle City Councilmember Sally Bagshaw, City Attorney Pete Holmes and the Seattle Police Department’s interim police chief, Jim Pugel. Do you avoid going downtown because it’s not safe? Vote in our poll. (Mobile users can vote here.)
And did you set your clocks back an hour yesterday? That extra hour of sleep never means much to us.
Wasn’t that windstorm something on Saturday? Thousands of customers lost power, but most have their power back today.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Canceled health insurance plans add to angst of change
- Powerful winds close Highway 520 bridge; thousands lose power
- Seahawks rally to beat Buccaneers, 27-24, in overtime
- Seattle’s Jamal Crawford is a flashy, humble dreamer | Jerry Brewer
- Seahawks must stop playing down to the competition | Jerry Brewer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com