All the cooking oil and grease from holiday feasts can be converted into environmentally friendly fuel instead of clogging your drain, according to the King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
The county is partnering with General Biodiesel to create several drop-off locations for oil and grease throughout King County. They can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Sealed containers of grease can be taken to the following locations and slowly poured into disposal tanks:
- Bellevue: 15801 N.E .15th St.
- Burien: 634 S.W. 151st St.
- Federal lWay: 31531 First Ave. S.
- Mercer Island: 3605 84th Ave. S.W.
- Redmond: 8703 160th Ave. N.E.
- Renton: 501 Monster Rd. S.W.
- Sammamish: 630 228th Ave. N.E.
- Shoreline: 15505 Westminster Way N.
- Seattle: 1801 41st Ave. E., 6333 First Ave. S. and 54 S. Dawson St.
Comments | More in General news | Topics: General Biodiesel, grease, King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks