Ice on the ground, frost on your car: We warned you yesterday. These sunny days come with a price — cold, frosty mornings. How did you like scraping your car windows this morning? Yikes. The high today is expected to be only 43 degrees. More sun today, tomorrow and possibly Saturday, says the National Weather Service.
Youngster who plotted murder sentenced: An 11-year-old Colville boy was sentenced yesterday for planning to kill a girl in his fifth-grade class. The boy was sentenced to up to four years in juvenile detention. The Stevens County judge called the boy’s actions “a brazen crime.” The Spokesman-Review has the story.
And now some good news: A program that sends recent college graduates into schools with a focus on attendance and tutoring is making a difference at two Seattle middle schools, improving attendance and test scores.
Oops, wrong fence: A man being chased by Fife police Tuesday scaled a fence as he was being pursued. Too bad that fence dropped him right into the driveway of the Fife police station, where he was arrested. The News Tribune has the story.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- States salivating for Boeing 777X feast
- Gary Locke stepping down as U.S. envoy to China, will return to Seattle next year
- 2013 Seahawks living up to the hype | Jerry Brewer
- The emotional Machinist vote on Boeing’s union contract proposal | Bruce Ramsey / Times editorial columnist
- UW computer-science superstar Ben Taskar dies at 36
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com