Boeing and the Machinists Union: Secret talks between Boeing and the union have reached a decisive point. Will they clinch a deal to build the 777X in the area? We’re sure a lot of people out there hope so.
Weather: Gray wet, gray wet, gray wet with temperatures in the low 50s. We must be in Seattle. National Weather Service forecast
Today’s Election Day: Don’t forget to vote!
Measuring whether teachers in the state are up to snuff: It isn’t going to be easy. This year, teachers will be graded on a four-level scale, including how their students are doing. Among the things to be settled are what measuring tool to use: Classroom assignments/tests? District ones? State exams given at the end of a school year? And how much weight should any of these receive? Do you agree that teacher performance should be rated, in part, by how students do on standardized tests? Vote in our poll.
Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson will be doing a noon chat with fans today. Johnson has become a key player with the Sounders this season. You can post your questions prior to the online chat here.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Valve steps up its game, pushes beyond software | Brier Dudley
- After imperfection, Seahawks’ Russell Wilson produces a perfect response | Larry Stone
- Seahawks must stop playing down to the competition | Jerry Brewer
- Max Unger’s concussion is another hit to Seahawks’ offensive line
- Canceled health insurance plans add to angst of change
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org