A boat repair shop caught fire in Everett late last night, but no one was in the building and no one was injured.
The fire report came in shortly after 11 p.m. Sprinklers in the building, located in the 300 block of West Marine View Drive, “kept the fire in check” until fire crews arrived, according to a news release by Fire Marshal Rick Robinson with the Everett Fire Department. Firefighters had the fire out by around midnight.
The fire was started by an overheated heater vent where it vented to the outside of the building. The damage was estimated at $25,000.