Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

December 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Friday Memo: Punt record hunt … Machinists vote? … Oregon ‘knockout’

Will the Seahawks set an obscure record this season? They’ve allowed only 15 punt-return yards this season, and the reason might surprise you. The current record goes back to Vince Lombardi.

One last vote by Machinists on a Boeing contract offer? Although negotiations came to an abrupt end yesterday afternoon, it appears the union’s rank and file will have an opportunity to vote on the airplane maker’s latest (and “last”?) offer. The state’s bid to place work on the 777X jet in Washington isn’t dead yet.

Hearing on SeaTac’s new $15 minimum wage set for today. The hearing in King County Superior Court focuses on a challenge to the new $15 an hour minimum wage approved by voters last month and recently upheld in a vote recount.

Weekend weather: No rain is forecast for tomorrow, but there’s a 40 percent chance of showers on Sunday. That means there’s a 60 percent chance there won’t be showers, right? National Weather Service forecast

And skiers listen up: More snow is predicted for the Cascades, as in 3 to 14 inches of it.

Knockout attack in Oregon? In what police in Eugene say was a random attack,  a man walked up to another man, yelled “knockout” then punched the man, knocking him to the ground. Random attacks on strangers that have been dubbed “the knockout game” may be urban myth or simply random attacks, according to a story in The New York Times.

And finally, for the superstitious among us, It’s Friday the 13th.

Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:

  1. Rank and file to decide on ‘last’ Boeing offer, union leader says
  2. Machinists make offer to Boeing for 777X; quick reply expected
  3. Seahawks poised to break one of NFL’s oldest, most obscure records
  4. Clearing obstacle in tunnel machine’s path may take weeks
  5. Boeing to shift 800-1,200 research jobs out of Seattle area

Memo light: 

Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or nprovenza@seattletimes.com


0 Comments | More in Morning Memo | Topics: Boeing, Boeing machinists, Friday the 13th

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


Advertising
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►