Update at 11:35 a.m.:| The Seattle Fire Department says the fire was caused by a an electrical malfunction in a wall. Damage is estimated at $75,000.
Original post: | The Associated Press
A fire hydrant failed as firefighters responded to a house fire this morning in Seattle.
Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says it was on a secondary line after the primary fire hose had been started.
The hydrant shot water into the air until a city utility crew turned it off.
The fire damaged the interior and roof of a two-story house in the Lake City neighborhood. No one was at home at the time.