The (Centralia) Chronicle
About 1,400 residents around Chehalis lost power for a hour and a half Saturday afternoon due to a rat that caused damage to the Lewis County Public Utilities District’s Williams Avenue Substation.
Corenne Moses, communications liaison for the Lewis County PUD, said a rat had crawled between a sensitive area where it caused a shortage, which burned out a breaker and made the power transformer fuses burn out.
It was a relatively quick fix, Moses said, but all the equipment had to be replaced.
The rat was found dead after interfering with the substation.