There could be snow flurries this afternoon around here: Which is OK in our book, but that could turn to a 40 percent chance of real snow late tonight with less than half-inch of accumulation possible, says the National Weather Service. There could be snow Tuesday morning, too, but that is expected to change to a mix of rain and snow by late morning. National Weather Service forecast
Here’s a warning about the use of extension cords: Two apartment units were destroyed in a fire Sunday due to overheated extension cords which had been jerry-rigged up through a hole in a floor. The loss was $250,000. Good thing no one was hurt.
The 49ers squeaked by the Hawks Sunday, and part of the reason was the unlikely failure of the defense, says our sportswriter Jayson Jenks. Frank Gore’s 51-yard run comes to mind. What do you think about the Seahawks’ loss? Vote in our poll.
Train fatality: A man was hit by a train last night in Puyallup.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Dysfunction at the top: Eric Wedge, others point to trouble in Mariners’ front office
- ‘Every possible therapy’ used on teen who died on diverted flight
- WSU headed to first bowl game since 2003
- Seahawks looking to claim NFC West by beating 49ers
- For Huskies football, the ‘Coach Pete’ era begins
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com