A chlorine gas leak prompted an evacuation of a Camano Island neighborhood Tuesday evening, according to Camano Island Fire and Rescue.
A man reported that he had been exposed to gas from a fuel cylinder around 7:30 p.m. at his home on Bartl Drive, assistant chief Levon Yengoyan said. Firefighters evacuated the 30 homes in the neighborhood. The homeowner, a deputy and three firefighters were transported to a hospital for exposure as a precautionary measure.
Fire and Rescue set up a temporary shelter for the residents, Yengoyan said.
Comments | More in