As the NFC title game approaches, columnist Danny Westneat asks, Is Seattle a stray dog to San Francisco’s alpha dog?
“… in a way we got our start as San Francisco’s dump. We are to them as Tacoma is to us. OK, that’s too extreme. How about this: We are San Francisco’s Spokane.’
A changing of the guard for machinists at Boeing. Union leader Tom Wroblewski says he’ll retire.
Unhappy Republicans: Gov. Inslee’s spending proposals have riled Republican lawmakers.
Weather: Fog then sun, fog then sun, fog then maybe sun. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Ticket gripes, billboard bias, trash talk … must be playoff fever
- Seahawks need to turn Russell Wilson loose | Larry Stone
- Seahawks have to wait and see on availability for Percy Harvin
- Student of New Mexico shooting: ‘Blood everywhere’
- Fla. theater suspect had commendable police career