Ford exec not coming to Microsoft: Finally ending any more of the long, long speculation that he might be Microsoft’s next CEO, former Boeing exec Alan Mulally say he’s NOT coming to Redmond.
Speaking of Boeing … Times columnist Danny Westneat writes that Boeing’s success at removing pensions for future line workers puts state employees at risk of losing traditional pension benefits.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray shaking up top ranks of police department: He is expected to announce today he’ll replace Interim Police Chief Jim Pugel with former Assistant Chief Harry C. Bailey.
Weather: More rain and showers, but temperatures will be in the upper 40s and may make it to 50 degrees Friday. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Don’t believe any of that doomsday talk about the Seahawks | Larry Stone
- Murray talks innovation; Sawant raises defiant fist at inauguration
- Rape suspect’s wife could have faced charges for moving SUV
- Gay educator says he was told he could save job if he divorced
- Washington football coaches will try to salvage recruiting class