Weather: National Weather Service forecast
Seawall price going up: Seattle transportation officials say the estimated costs associated with replacing the seawall project have grown from $300 million to about $330 million over the past year. The rising costs were known to some officials last summer, but are only now being widely disclosed.
Predicting the local economy: Local economic growth will probably outpace the nation’s in 2014, but it may be a bit slower than in 2013, says economist Dick Conway. Read more of his and others’ projections.
Predicting the year in pot: We asked experts in this state and elsewhere to predict the year ahead for pot. Business failures, inadequate supply at first, falling prices, and a few big unknowns loom here and elsewhere, experts tell us.
How will you spend those 13 extra cents? Washington’s already highest-in-the-nation minimum wage rises to $9.32 an hour today. The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Lots of poking but no answers on what’s blocking 99 tunnel drill
- Seahawks’ Percy Harvin hopes to be ready for playoffs
- Police chase of Ferrari hits 100 mph in Olympia
- Retirement unlikely for some blue-collar Americans
- Boeing plans for N. Charleston reveal doubling of facilities