Rain. rain, rain: If you haven’t been outside yet today, be prepared to get wet. The rain we promised is here and is expected to stick around for the next several days. But the temperatures should be seasonal, in the upper 40s and low 50s. National Weather Service forecast
The rain can likely be blamed for huge traffic backups this morning on Interstate 5. Coming south there was a four-mile backup, and coming north from Federal Way there was a seven-mile backup. Yikes.
Century-old building destroyed: Investigators believe a fire that destroyed a century-old building on the Bellingham waterfront was started by fireworks.
Kent shooting: At least five children were at home overnight was a woman was shot in the head. The kids are OK, but the woman is in critical condition. KIRO TV has the story.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- 700,000 at Seahawks parade? Doesn’t add up, experts say
- Anchor found off Whidbey Island may solve 200-year-old mystery
- Pot-delivery service fills void for eager buyers
- Seahawks aren’t close to satisfied after historic season | Jerry Brewer
- Ten random thoughts about the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org