We are so unused to winning. “We’re victory virgins.,” says columnist Danny Westneat looking at the Seahawks rise to the Super Bowl and Macklemore’s Grammy wins. Except for the ’79 Sonics and Nirvana, writes Westneat, Seattle feels “mossy and small.”
Speaking of the Seahawks: In Belltown, people have taken to yelling “Sea” while others quickly answer “Hawks!” Also, if you’re driving on the upper level of the Viaduct, you’ll see many 12th Man and Go Seahawks signs. Among them are those made by clever office people who used Post-It Notes spell out their message.
Got your big screen TV? Super Bowl week sees the third-highest sales of TVs 55 inches and larger, according to analyst The NPD Group, writes columnist Monica Guzman. Did you or do you know someone who purchased a big screen TV to watch the Super Bowl? Vote in our poll.
Weather: Cold and chance of rain today (don’t believer that), cold and a 30 percent chance of snow tomorrow (flurries, that is) and even colder Tuesday with sun and a low of 26 degrees. Get out your car’s ice scraper for sure. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Troubling tilt on Microsoft board if Bill Gates isn’t chairman | Brier Dudley
- After digging 4 feet, Bertha stopped again, now with a fever
- Super Bowl in Seattle? It could happen; NFL warms to the idea
- Pete Carroll has made Seahawks better by offering second chances
- For glory-starved Seattle, a game day like no other
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org