Liquor prices in bars and restaurants could rise in our state this year because of a fight over rules created when Washington got out of the liquor business, according to a story by Associated Press writer Manuel Valdes.
UW sports get subsidies? The university athletics department made record profits last year and can support itself. So why does it get subsidies from the school? Find out why.
Speaking of sports … People continue to be drawn to stories about our White Salmon snowboarder winning gold medals for Russia at the Sochi games.
It’s Chilly Hilly day on Bainbridge Island. Beware of a boatload of bicyclists today!
A man was stabbed outside a Seattle restaurant early this morning. He was stabbed in the thigh and the injury is not life-threatening, according to police.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Sidney Rice bids goodbye to Seahawks fans
- San Antonio man glad to receive Medal of Honor
- La Conner marina fire: sunken boats and ‘broken hearts’
- Sears closing store, ending a century in Sodo building
- Mayor Ed Murray backs Bailey on discipline of 7 SPD officers
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org