Who knew? Well, if you live in one of these neighborhoods, you probably know that gentrification is on the rise. In a recent Federal Reserve Bank study, only Boston beat Seattle in the degree to which gentrification had spread since 2000. Want to find out if it’s happening in your neighborhood? Get the news here.
Idled tunnel digger Bertha is stuck and broken. We’re stuck, too, says columnist Danny Westneat.
Weather: Heavy rain, showers and more rain … Seattle as we know it. It’s just those occasional sun breaks that raise our hopes of something better that ticks us off. Showers are forecast for tomorrow’s holiday. Isn’t that a big shopping day? National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- 2 women say they were punched at Seahawks parade
- Body found under concrete slab; Arlington woman held
- Tusk safely in museum, time to name Seattle’s mammoth
- Seahawks sign offensive lineman Greg Van Roten
- Seattle 1-percenter a leader in push for $15 minimum wage
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com