Really? They didn’t know? Spokane police say that after a hit-and-run driver struck a man Sunday night, two other vehicles ran over him and may have not known they hit a body. Seriously?
Tunnel muncher Bertha delayed again … The giant machine may be on hold until summer for complex repairs. How complex? How does digging a 115-foot-deep hole and hoisting part of Bertha out sound?
A battle over a bog: An appeals court could decide Friday whether to take a case that pits property-owner rights against environmental preservation over a bog just north of Woodinville in Snohomish County.
Skiers aren’t the only ones happy about all the snow that’s fallen in the mountains of late. Yakima Valley farmers — you know, the ones who grow all those apples, cherries, peaches and produce — see a glimmer of hope because they rely on snow-melt to fill reservoirs to irrigate crops. Fuji apple anyone?
Shirley Temple: Her death technically isn’t a local story, but it is very much so in the hearts of many.
Weather: It may not be raining this morning, but wait until this afternoon … Expect rain tomorrow and Thursday, too.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Anchor found off Whidbey Island may solve 200-year-old mystery
- 700,000 at Seahawks parade? Doesn’t add up, experts say
- Seahawks aren’t close to satisfied after historic season | Jerry Brewer
- Hospital complains about unpaid bills from Gorge concertgoers
- Zoo staff get death threats for killing giraffe, feeding it to lions
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org