Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

February 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Twin 80-year-old brothers die in Chehalis

The Associated Press

CHEHALIS — Twin 80-year-old brothers were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide while working on an antique car in a closed garage in Chehalis and died.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office says the wife of one of the men found them Sunday evening when she returned home from a neighbor’s house.

The other brother was visiting from Rainier, Thurston County.

The Sheriff’s Office says the men were working on the car’s exhaust.

When fire department emergency responders arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors showed a high level of the deadly fumes.

One brother was declared dead at a Centralia hospital and the other at a Seattle hospital.

Comments | More in General news, The Blotter | Topics: carbon monoxide, Chehalis, died


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►