Parade, Parade, Parade! (Some 500,00 fans could attend, and some of them have already staked out their spot. Yikes!)
Some important things to help you out:
- Interactive map: Parking, coffee shops near route
- Printable map
- Police out in force
- Transportation tips
- Share your photos
- Seattle principals get say on schoolkids’ parade absences
You probably already know this, but just in case, the parade starts at 11 a.m. just south of Denny Way and will travel Fourth Avenue. It will end at CenturyLink Field about 1:30 p.m. At CenturyLink Field, Seahawks season-ticket holders have been invited to a rally after the parade, where head coach Pete Carroll and others will speak.
The Seattle Times will be blogging, tweeting, and posting photos and videos of the parade on The Today File starting early this morning.
And, as we’ve been saying for days, it’s going to be COLD. The temperature dropped into the low teens overnight, and it’s expected to be in the 20s during the parade. Dress accordingly. National Weather Service forecast
On to other news …
Bill Nye, our science guy, debates a creationist and says the Bible doesn’t tell Earth’s true history.
A new CEO means a shift for Microsoft, says Times columnist Brier Dudley.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- 787 assembly problems in Charleston drag on Everett
- Seahawks’ victory parade set for Wednesday
- Seattle Public Schools won’t be joining Hawks victory parade
- “Angry Doug Baldwin” has a few words for Cris Carter
- What’s next? Another Super Bowl victory, Seahawks say
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com