403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

March 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Ballard couple suffer carbon-monoxide poisoning

UPDATE, 5p.m. | The Seattle Police Department investigators determined the cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning was accidental, according to a Seattle Fire Department news release. The couple is recovering at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

ORIGINAL POST | A Puget Sound Energy (PSE) employee was called to a townhouse in the 800 block of Northwest 52nd Street at 5:12 a.m. on a report of a high amount of carbon monoxide (CO) in an enclosed space, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore. A family living in a townhouse next door called PSE after their carbon monoxide sensor went off.

“He was investigating around the property and saw that there was a car running with the garage door closed. He couldn’t see anyone in the car,” Moore said. “He dialed 911.”

Seattle fire crews were called and went into the home and found a man and a woman in their 30s unconscious in the unit attached to the garage. Once taken outside, the two regained consciousness, Moore said. They were taken to Virginia Mason Hospital & Medical Center to be treated in the hospital’s  hyperbaric chamber, Moore added.

Moore said it appears the townhouse where the couple were found unconscious did not have a carbon monoxide sensor.

No other injuries were reported.

| More in The Blotter | Topics: carbon-monoxide poisoning, Seattle Fire Department


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx