A boy has been identified as sending threatening emails that prompted a lockdown last week at Ridgecrest Elementary School in Shoreline.
King County sheriff’s spokesman B.J. Myers said the Shoreline School District asked that law enforcement not release the boy’s age or any other potentially identifying information. Myers said the case, which involved emailed threats to staff members, remains under investigation.
“After a thorough investigation, Shoreline Police are confident that no credible threat existed to the students, school, or staff,” Myers wrote in a news release.
The boy was interviewed and released to his parents; he has not been arrested, Myers said. Shoreline police will refer the case to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for a decision on filing charges.
The school was placed on modified lockdown Feb. 25 after receiving threatening emails.