Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

March 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Goats, chickens die in Chelan barn fire

The Wenatchee World

CHELAN — About 20 goats and 20 chickens perished in a barn fire early this morning in Chelan.

The cause of the fire was probably a heater or heat lamp that malfunctioned, said Tim Lemon, chief of Fire District 7 in Chelan.

The fire was called in by someone who saw the fire from several miles away, Lemon said.

The owners of the barn did not realize the barn was on fire until firefighters were half way to the scene. By that time, the barn was too engulfed in flames to save.

No one was injured and no other structures were damaged, Lemon said. The fire was reported at 3:57 a.m.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: Chelan, fire


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►