Where did he get a grenade? A 26-year-old man was arrested by Everett police overnight and a grenade was found under the seat of the stolen scooter he was riding. Bomb squad is trying to determine if the grenade is live.
Firefighters in trouble: We hope to have more today on the two firefighters arrested in connection with the beating of a homeless man Saturday night in Pioneer Square.
Where do you stand? You’ve probably seen off-duty Seattle police officers helping drivers get out of downtown parking garages at rush hour. Sure, it can help promote safety and keep traffic moving, but it can also favor those leaving the garages at the expense of drivers on the street. Do you approve of off-duty police officers managing traffic at parking garages? Vote in our poll.
No Sounder service north of Seattle. Why? If you guessed mudslide, you win a cigar.
One heck of a lot of trees … 500 of them along I-5 will be removed to improve sight lines of seven new state traffic cameras. The department says live images from the cameras will help it manage traffic and communicate real-time traffic conditions to the public. Still, that’s a lot of trees.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Former Seahawk Grant Feasel’s family hit hard by football’s trauma
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane’s last word
- ‘The Single Moms Club’: Tyler Perry wedded to a tired formula | Movie review
- Walter Thurmond signs with Giants; Jared Allen visits Seahawks
- Malaysian police examine pilot’s flight simulator
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com