Follow us:

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

March 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Woman in Everett apartment fire died of overdose

The Associated Press

EVERETT — A woman whose body was pulled from a downtown Everett apartment fire in December died from an alcohol and drug overdose.

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the death of 47-year-old Wendy A. Pirring an accident.

The Daily Herald reports the Dec. 15 fire in the Hodges Building started in her apartment, possibly from an overloaded electrical outlet.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: drug ovderdose, Everett, fire


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►