A group of Seattle-area churches has created a fund to raise money for the victims of the Oso mudslide, with a goal of raising $100,000 by Easter Sunday, April 20.
“Churches Together for Oso Relief” was created through the efforts of 20 churches, which are collecting contributions individually, according to news release. The donations will then be combined and directed through churches in the Arlington and Oso area.
The fund will give 100 percent of the money donated to the relief effort. The Arlington Ministerial Association, with several relief organizations, is in the process of assessing needs as they arise. About $45,000 had been donated as of Monday afternoon.
More information is available at churchesforoso.org.
The participating churches include:
- Ballard Church (Seattle)
- Bellevue Presbyterian
- Bethany Covenant (Mount Vernon)
- Compass Community Church
- Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Creekside Covenant
- Evangelical Chinese Church (Seattle and Redmond)
- Faith Bible Church (Seattle)
- First Covenant of Everett
- Highland Covenant (Bellevue)
- Marketplace Church
- Overlake Christian
- Pacific Northwest Conference
- Quest Church
- Redmond Presbyterian Church (Seattle)
- Church Trinity Church (Kirkland)
- Westminster Chapel