Fire at fair: A building at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup was gutted by fire early today, but there were no injuries. Most of the animals there for the spring fair got out safely, although KING5 is reporting a pig didn’t make it.
A total lunar eclipse, a blood moon, is happening tonight into early Tuesday. Will the skies be clear? Yeah, right.
We all know that most kids are pretty good, but that’s not always the case: Two held, gun and knife seized after threat on Metro driver
And speaking of crime, the bad guys were on a roll over the weekend:
- Masked and armed man robs Toys R Us in Olympia
- Mistaken identity, joking remark trigger fight and arrests
- SPD dog takes bite out of crime in deli burglary
- Lucky ‘break’ foils robbery attempt in South Seattle
Uh-oh: Athletics shut out Mariners, 3-0. And the M’s lost to Oakland 3-1 Saturday. In their three losses during their five-game homestand, the Mariners scored only one run, and in two of those losses, they were held to three hits or less. Not good.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Total lunar eclipse, ‘blood moon,’ expected Monday
- Lonely, ignored voice predicted Boeing job drain | Danny Westneat
- Utah woman arrested after 7 dead babies found
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- New drugs cure hepatitis C, research finds
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org