Pot lottery: A lottery is being held this week for 334 licenses the state plans to issue for recreational marijuana stores.
President Obama’s coming to town: Well, he’s actually going to the Snohomish County mudslide tomorrow to meet with victims’ families and first responders.
We can do much better: Data show that school suspensions hit minorities and special-ed students the hardest.
Everett killing: One person was stabbed to death in Everett early this morning. A man has been arrested.
Hey, did the Mariners win? Uh, not so much. They were swept by Miami with a 3-2 loss yesterday. The Ms are on a six-game losing streak.
Weather: You like rain? You’ll enjoy the next few days. OK, there’s only a 30 percent chance of showers today, but showers are likely tomorrow, and there’s a 50 percent chance of rain on Wednesday. National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Silverdale boy, 12, killed as he and 3 other Scouts try to roll log
- Jeff Lindquist shines but UW quarterback competition to continue
- Boyfriend has immature reaction to her sexual history | Dear Carolyn
- Complex ownership history behind U.S. plane seen in Iran
- 737s — and corporate duplicity — keep rolling at Boeing | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com