Hot weather by the end of the week? Some commenters are skeptical that temperatures will actually hit the 80s in the Puget Sound area by Thursday. But hey, anything is possible around here. Planning to play hooky, are you? National Weather Service forecast
He won’t be footing the bill … Tunnel project partner Ron Tutor is known for using the legal system to deflect liabilities to get extra money for work on large public projects. If the delay in the troubled tunnel project runs up the cost by $125 million, his company, Tutor Perini, won’t be the one picking up the tab, writes Seattle Times staff writer Mike Baker.
Fatal shooting in Skyway: A man was shot dead just before midnight, KING is reporting this morning. The body of the man, believed to be in his 30s, was found in the street.
Injured skier has been rescued: The skier caught in an avalanche near Alpental at Snoqualmie Pass yesterday has been rescued and taken to the hospital. The man suffered two broken legs.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Amazon shares tank as analysts react to profit woes
- Skagit County gun shop may have been worst in U.S.
- Russell Wilson’s divorce is a reminder he’s human just like the rest of us | Larry Stone
- Boeing sees big savings, others see big risks in job transfers
- Stocks fall sharply; Amazon, tech shares drop
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com