Fatal shooting overnight: A man was found shot dead in downtown Seattle early Sunday morning.
Do you like a fine wine? It appears others around the world do. Our state’s wine industry is an $8 billion empire that is growing and gaining the world’s attention.
Is this progress? Rising rents and rising apartment towers are pushing tenants of modest means out of the places they call home. At one high-rise apartment tower in downtown Seattle, a one-bedroom unit starts at just under $2,000. That’s more than twice what many residents pay at the nearly century-old, three-story apartment building across the street where tenants have been told they have to move because a developer is going to tear it down.
Weather: If the mid-60s and sunshine aren’t your cup of tea, then what is? That’s the forecast for tomorrow so you might as well enjoy it. The rain returns on Tuesday. National Weather Service forecast
If you like soccer … Clint Dempsey had a hat trick in the 4-4 tie with the Portland Timbers Saturday.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- 20 years after Kurt Cobain died, what changed and what didn’t
- Bank robber shot by police identified as popular chef
- Mariners game at Oakland postponed because of dangerous field conditions
- Fanaticism on both sides of gay-rights issue| Danny Westneat
- Mariners beat Athletics, 3-1, behind Felix Hernandez
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com