Winners, losers: The Sounders were winners in their 2-1 match against Chivas yesterday, but the poor Mariners were shut out in a 7-0 loss to Miami. It was the Mariners’ fifth straight loss. The M’s face the Marlins again today. Game time is 10:10 a.m.
So very tragic: A 12-year-old Boy Scout at an outing in the Olympic National Forest was killed when a tree rolled over on him. KING5 has the story.
The higher wages in Seattle beat: The committee trying to put together a recommendation to raise Seattle’s minimum wage is in its final days of negotiations. One possible compromise would allow for a $15 minimum wage, phased in over five to nine years, with employees who don’t earn tips or benefits making higher wages during that time. Should Seattle’s minimum wage be increased to $15? Vote in our poll.
Weather: No rain today, but a chance of showers tomorrow and Tuesday. The temperature today and tomorrow is expected to be in the low 60’s, but drops to a high of just 55 on Tuesday. Spring is in there somewhere.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Boyfriend has immature reaction to her sexual history | Dear Carolyn
- Stocks end higher as earnings pour in; market closed Friday
- Jeff Lindquist shines but UW quarterback competition to continue
- Divers pull bodies from sunken ferry; toll tops 50
- Local Sherpa asks: Who will pay to educate dead guides’ kids?
Memo light: See more Comics & Games
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com