Been wet enough out there for you? With all the rain so far today, it’s a no-brainer that Seattle will set a rainfall record this spring. The Weather Service says the Seattle precipitation record from Feb. 1 through April 30 is 18.97 inches set in 1972. As of 4 a.m. today, the total for the same period this year was 18.91 inches. Get out your umbrella. Wait, we don’t use umbrellas! National Weather Service forecast
Zombies in Spokane: OK, they’re not real zombies, but producers of the Syfy Network series “Z Nation” are gearing up to shoot 13 episodes of the zombie TV series in Spokane. The reason? Spokane has locations that represent those found elsewhere in the country: desert, wheat fields, mountains, lakes and city neighborhoods. The Spokesman Review has the story.
E-cigarettes: Uncle Sam is stepping in. The FDA is proposing a ban on sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and requiring approval of new products and health warning labels. Do you think the government should get involved in the regulation of e-cigarettes? Vote in our poll.
Seems as though readers can’t get enough of this story: Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years. (So we’re giving it to you again …)
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Voters rejecting new money for transit; bus cuts coming
- Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years
- Terrelle Pryor has talent to be Seahawks’ latest reclamation project | Jerry Brewer
- Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- Cost of fixing Bertha may top $125 million, but who will pay?
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com