Update 10:35 a.m.:
A man who suffered second- and third-degree burns during a Lake Union boat fire this morning sparked a “flash fire” after using a wet/dry vacuum to clean up spilled fuel, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
Fire spokesman Kyle Moore said that after suffering the burns and having his hair “singed off,” the boat owner dived into the water. His girlfriend, who was not hurt, also jumped into the lake.
Moore said the man’s boat was “charred” in the fire that started near the cockpit
A man has been hospitalized after suffering second- and third-degree burns in a boat fire this morning on Lake Union.
Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore said the 33-year-old man suffered burns to his hands, torso and face in the fire at 2732 Westlake Ave. N.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center. His condition was not immediately known.
This post will be updated.