Would you want a power line running through your neighborhood? Some Eastside folks who own property that hugs the Lake Washington shoreline are suing to keep Puget Sound Energy from building power lines along the Eastside Rail Corridor.
One wet weekend: The rain over the past few days was measured in inches in many parts of Western Washington, including Seattle, which saw more than an inch. The only good news here is that it’s expected to be mostly sunny Wednesday. We’ll believe it when we see it. National Weather Service forecast
Some stories from overnight:
- A Spokane girl was killed in a crash on I-90 near Ritzville yesterday.
- A Lynnwood man was injured while climbing near Leavenworth yesterday. We hear he injured his heel.
- A man was killed when he was pinned between a backhoe and a truck in Spokane yesterday.
- An 8-year-0ld autistic boy who had gone missing in the Hillsboro, Ore., area yesterday was found cold and shivering in a rain-swollen creek. He’s expected to be OK.
Hey, the Mariners won yesterday. An 8-7 victory against the Astros at Minute Maid Park. Minute Maid Park? Seriously?
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- How the $15 wage deal came together in Seattle
- Nailing the NFL draft is a requirement if Seahawks want to stay on top
- Danielle Lawrie, now focused on being a mom, has her UW jersey retired | Jerry Brewer
- Tacoma firm owners admit fraud in asbestos-removal training
- When using ‘Find My iPhone’ takes you to a thief’s doorstep
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com