Unions are back: So says columnist Danny Westneat who notes that it’s possible the death of unions in the private-sector has been greatly exaggerated because all of a sudden, they’re back. Not in a big way, but he has some darn interesting numbers you might want to look at.
Motorcycle tragedy: Three motorcyclists were killed and another was injured on a highway north of Anchorage last night. The motorcyclists struck a vehicle on the Glenn Highway that had been pushed into their northbound lane as the result of another accident. How sad.
Sounders FC and Reign FC are both doing well. The Sounders came from behind to beat Philadelphia 2-1 yesterday and the Reign also won 2-1 yesterday over the Washington Spirit, making then 5-0 on the season. Both clubs are the top of their leagues. Are we a soccer town or what?
Darn rain … 90 percent today. (Yeah, we know, it’s already wet out there.) Fifty percent chance of showers tomorrow and 30 percent chance on Tuesday. Hey, wasn’t it like sunny and 85 degrees last week? National Weather Service forecast
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Home prices climbing fastest in region’s most affordable spots
- Who won the pot-shop jackpot, and where the stores might be
- When using ‘Find My iPhone’ takes you to a thief’s doorstep
- Average home prices rose in first quarter amid slowdown in sales
- Squirrel goes nuts on Maine teenager taking selfie
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com