Good Wednesday morning, a day that promises to be sunny with temperatures in the mid-60s.
Here is some news to consume this morning:
- Not another one. A human foot was found in a sneaker on Seattle’s waterfront yesterday. There have been several such cases in regional waters in the past seven years. In some cases, it’s not as mysterious as it may sound, yet …
- Church fire: A Lutheran church burned in Mountlake Terrace overnight. There are reports that a Lynnwood firefighter was injured.
- Whoa, four in a row! Are the planets aligned or what? The M’s have won their fourth straight game. What’s more, a doubleheader sweep today would put them percentage points ahead of the Athletics for first place in the American League West.
- Yeah, but where can I park my behind? You can get a ticket for sitting on sidewalks, planters, garbage cans and mailboxes under a new law in Spokane. Cops are also getting tough on jaywalking, panhandling, littering and graffiti.
Take ‘No child’ school testing and shove it. With a headline such as that, can you help but read this column by Danny Westneat?
Weather: Like we said, sunny today and highs in the mid-6os, but an 80 percent chance of rain tomorrow. Sorry, it’s Seattle. National Weather Service forecast
And then there’s this from The Spokesman Review … To relieve stress during finals week at WSU, therapy pups and cats are being made available to weary students.
“We were drawn to them,”said one student. “I think this is a great idea.”
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- After six years without the Sonics, it might just be time to embrace the NBA once again| Larry Stone
- Nigerian girl describes kidnap, 276 still missing
- Mariners hand Scott Kazmir first loss, reach .500
- Lummi Island chef shares James Beard rising-star award
- Report: Climate change already affecting US
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com