403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

June 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM

2 children burned after Idaho man pours gas on campfire

The Associated Press

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho  — Two young Coeur d’Alene children are hospitalized in Seattle after suffering burns when a gas can exploded near a backyard fire pit.

Police say a 35-year-old man poured gasoline from a 5-gallon can onto the fire at about 5 p.m. Saturday when the can caught fire. He threw the can behind him, where it exploded and burned an 8-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl.

The children were flown that night to the burn center at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The Spokesman-Review newspaper reports the boy was hospitalized in intensive care with first-and second-degree burns on 21 percent of his body, mostly his legs and arms. The girl suffered burns on 9 percent of her body.

Sgt. Christie Wood says police have forwarded the results of their investigation to Kootenai County prosecutors to determine if charges should be filed.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: Coeur d'Alene, fire, Harborview Medical Center

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx