UPDATE, 9:28 p.m. | The fire in a West Seattle home was caused by unattended food on the stove, according to the Seattle Fire Department. The damage caused by the fire is estimated at $120,000.
ORIGINAL POST | A man was found dead after a fire in a West Seattle home this afternoon, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a fire at a house in the 9200 block of Delridge Avenue Southwest around 2 p.m. The man was found in the back of the house by firefighters after the fire was knocked down. It’s unclear how the man died.
Two dogs and a puppy were rescued from the fire, but four other puppies died.
The fire and the man’s death are under investigation.